At Dixie Girl Dog Rescue, we believe that every pet deserves a loving home. We are dedicated to finding the right families for our animals, ensuring every pet is placed in a safe and loving environment. Our team is passionate about helping animals in need, and we strive to find homes for every pet, regardless of age or breed. We are committed to finding forever homes for each of our rescues and we are proud of the successful adoptions we have facilitated. We believe in the power of happy endings, and we are here to make that happen.
FEATURED ADOPTABLE PETS!
Gentle, handsome, senior husky 🐕
After years of neglect, he’s safe in rescue & getting the care he deserves. We were told that he formally belonged to a neighbor who used to keep him on a chain and never let him in. But recently he had let him go and said he did not want him anymore. Probably because, Shiloh had a tumor growing on his underside and he did not want to be responsible. He has finished his antibiotics and steroids, and the tumor has been removed. The good news is …. It isn’t cancerous!!! And his heart and lungs, and all other x-rays were clear 🖤
True to his breed, he is vocal and full of adorable personality. He greets every human with a soft “awoooo” and lots of cuteness😍
Good with other dogs, but doesn’t need any in his forever home. He’s a bit of a loner. 🤣
In search of a yard to sunbathe in, snacks & pets from people that love him, and the opportunity to live out his golden years how he deserves 💕
View All Adoptable Pets
DGDR is dedicated to rescuing and finding homes for adoptable animals. We have many wonderful pets who are looking for their forever homes. Our team is committed to matching the right animal with the right family, ensuring that both pet and owner will be happy for many years to come. We believe in giving every pet a chance to be loved, and we work tirelessly to make that possible. If you're ready to find your future best friend, we welcome you to DGDR.
Dogs In Need of Foster Homes/Adoption
DGDR Pet Rescue is dedicated to rescuing dogs and advocating for their right to be loved and nurtured. Our foster program is a vital part of our work, giving dogs a much-needed break from the stress of the shelter environment. We work hard to match our foster dogs with loving families who can provide the care they need until they are adopted. If you’ve ever considered fostering a dog, our pups are a great place to start! Our foster program provides all the support and resources you need to help a dog transition to their forever home.
Make a Difference in an Animal’s Life Today
Most organizations focus on and are willing to acquire healthy young puppies. While we do the same at DGDR, we are here for the dogs who need a little extra help, including the mangy, sick, “broken”, broken-hearted, senior, those who have been abandoned, left behind, and thrown away.
We encourage you to browse our available pets and consider adopting your new best friend from DGDR. We also invite you to support our mission through donating or simply spreading the word about the important work we do. Together, we can make a difference in the lives of dogs in need.
TEN REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD FOSTER A RESCUE DOG
1) It allows us to take in more animals in need! We receive 10’s of requests weekly for urgent cases that we can’t help unless YOU step up!
2) It prepares them for their new home. People who adopt from rescues instead of shelters do so because they know their new family member will be accustomed to living in a home and we will have a clear idea of their temperament.
3) Getting to know the dog helps the rescue place them in the best home. You help us help them!
4) It's fun! Fostering a dog means you'll have a new buddy to play with, hike with, and laugh with. There is no shortage of smiles when you have a foster dog.
5) It keeps them healthy and active… and you, too!
6) Your pets will love the company. It may not be an immediate friendship, but once they get to know each other, your dog and your foster dog will love having each other to play with when you're not around. Your dog will also serve as a role model for your foster by showing them the ins and outs of living with your family.
7) Puppies or special needs dogs get the one-on-one attention they need. Like Eliza, who was deemed feral at the shelter and at risk of being euthanized if a foster hadn’t stepped up!
8) It's flexible. Did you know that you can foster a dog just over the weekend? If you don't have time to commit to be a full-time foster, you can take dogs in for a couple days at a time to give them a break from boarding!
9) They learn what love is. Sadly, there's a good chance your foster dog has never had a loving home. You have the power to transform a nervous, shy dog into a confident, loving companion just by showing them what it means to be loved!
10) You might just find your new best friend.
You might not know it or expect it, but by bringing in a foster, you may find that they were in their forever home all along.
Credit: Fi Collars, Fi Team
How You Can Help
Dixie Girl Dog Rescue is a non-profit organization that works to find loving homes for rescue dogs. We are dedicated to caring for and nurturing the animals in our care and providing each one with the best chance at a new life. We rely on the generous donations of our supporters to provide medical treatments, spay and neuter services, food, and supplies for our foster parents. We believe that every dog deserves a second chance, and your support helps make that happen. Join us today and make a difference in the lives of these loving animals.
Become a Foster
If you love animals and want to help out, fostering a pet is a great way to do that. A pet foster home gives homeless animals a safe, temporary place to stay. Fostering can be as short as one night or as long as several months, depending on the needs of the animal. By taking in an animal, you are giving them the love and care they need to help them get adopted into their forever home.
Sponsor a Specific Animal
We are dedicated to finding forever homes for our pets and provide support to their foster parents. We believe in the power of kindness and are committed to providing the best care for all of our animals.
You can help make a difference in the lives of our pets by sponsoring a specific dog in foster care. Your donation will provide food, medical care, spay/neuter and toys to our furry friends. Thank you for being a part of this amazing journey!
Be sure to let us know which pet you would like to sponsor.